WHO WE ARE
Industrials is a trading name of Industrials REIT and is our customer facing brand. Industrials own and manage more than 90 industrial estates around the UK which are home to over 1000 customers. Our goal is to become the leading MLI business in the UK, and a key part of this is investing in our assets and operating platform to enable us to be the most efficient and highest revenue generating company in our sector. We are passionate about revolutionising MLI property to make it work better for our customers. We do this by offering our customers high quality business space that is supported by the highest level of customer service so that they can concentrate on running their businesses.
Industrials REIT is a dynamic and fast-paced organisation with a mission to revolutionise how multi-let industrial (MLI) is operated in the UK and is listed on the London and Johannesburg Stock Exchanges. Our culture is results focused, with a strong emphasis on learning and innovation. We have offices in London and Stockport, with assets spread across the UK.
Asset Manager – North of England and Wales
The successful candidate will have direct responsibility and ownership of a portfolio of multi-let industrial estates across the region. They will lead the implementation of asset management strategies to maximize income and value of these assets.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver the asset strategy to ensure all new letting opportunities or existing lease events are picked up and executed in a timely manner. These will be handled directly or with the support of our team of Customer Engagement Managers (CEMs) or third-party agents and surveyors.
- Lease events include lease renewals, rent reviews, lease re-gears, surrenders and end of lease dilapidations
- Maximize efficient use of our space and minimize void risk by building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing customers to ensure that we are alive to their requirements such as changing occupational needs or demand for additional space and services. Support customer applications for consent to assign or sublet space as well as unit alterations and other general customer requests
- Appraising and implementing value-add asset management initiatives to enhance the value of our space. These will range from small to mid-level OPEX and CAPEX projects to include routine repairs and maintenance, refurbishments and providing support for minor works schemes. Ensuring that these projects are delivered on time and that best value has been achieved
- Supporting the formulation of annual budgets and monitoring performance. Responsibility for specific asset P&Ls to ensure that our assets operate efficiently and deliver performance in line with business plan
- Benchmarking asset performance using our asset management platform based on key metrics such as income performance to ERV, occupancy, expenditure and ESG targets. Helping the wider Asset Management team meet KPI’s as well as maintaining high quality lease and property data for new and existing assets
- Support with marketing and brand promotion to ensure assets meet our company standards as well as promoting the Industrials brand by offering exceptional service to our Customers
ROLE WITHIN THE TEAM
You will form part of our in-house Asset Management team and will work closely with several other roles in the business:
- Collaborate with our Sales and Marketing team to implement bespoke marketing strategies for specific spaces
- Work alongside our team of Customer Engagement Managers (CEMs) to assign and conclude transactions
- Liaise with our in-house Accounts and Credit Control team to ensure effective income management
- Work closely with our Property Management partners to ensure effective day to day management of our assets; including handling of customer queries, service charge expenditure, budget approval and site presentation
- Work with other external partners including Letting Agents, LL&T Surveyors, Solicitors, Regional Facilities Managers and Building Surveyors
- MRICS qualified. – c.3-5 years PQE
- Previous experience in property and asset management – ideally within the industrial or logistics sector
- Good geographical knowledge of the North of England and Wales
- Proficient with all main applications in the MS Office environment. Experience in using CRM systems would be beneficial
- A UK Driver’s License is essential
KEY CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- A strong work ethic and tenacity to get the job done in a timely manner and to a high standard
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle priorities effectively
- A team player who can work professionally with a wide range of 3rd party service providers
- A strong understanding of Landlord and Tenant legislation and the ability to apply this knowledge to occupational scenarios
- An ability to read and interpret leases and other legal documentation
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- A pro-active attitude to conduct frequent face-to-face customer meetings
- Strong attention to detail
- Good dispute resolution skills and an understanding of the importance of customer service
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Willingness to work with new technologies to improve the business’ operational efficiency
SALARY AND PACKAGE
Competitive salary with discretionary performance linked bonus. Additional benefits include pension, health, and life insurance.