Find a commercial storage unit for rent
Leasing commercial storage units is what we do best, and we’re here to help you every step of the way. Look at our handy guide below to learn more about renting a commercial storage unit, or you can search for available commercial storage units to rent with our search tool below. Refine your search by unit size or area to find the commercial storage unit to rent near you.
If you have any questions or want to view a commercial storage unit, please get in touch with us on 0800 122 3330 – we’d be delighted to hear from you.
How to rent a commercial storage unit?
If you’re looking for a commercial storage unit to rent for your business, there are a few things to consider when choosing the right space for you. Read our list below to understand what you need to prepare when renting a business storage unit.
How much does it cost to rent a commercial storage unit?
The price to rent a commercial storage unit will depend on a few factors – location, size, tenancy agreement, and other additional costs.
Commercial storage units located closer to city centres would be more convenient and accessible, but they tend to be more expensive. Keep in mind that the commercial storage unit’s size and the length of your lease can change the total rent costs – the longer lease or the bigger a storage unit, the more it will costs.
When figuring out what you can afford it’s also important to consider several other costs, including:
- Rent deposits
- Business rates
- Service or maintenance charges
- Waste and Utilities
- Capital allowances
By estimating the actual cost, you will be in a better position when negotiating with the agent or landlord. Some companies also offer an all-inclusive lease, so you won’t have to stress about any extra expenses later on.
Factors to consider when choosing a commercial storage unit for rent
When renting a commercial storage unit, you need to consider several factors to ensure that you choose the right facility that meets your business needs.
- Size: Determine the space needed for your goods. Consider the dimensions and layout of the storage space.
- Location: Choose a facility conveniently located for access.
- Security: Look for surveillance, access control, and security personnel.
- Lease terms and flexibility: Review the lease length, flexibility, and termination penalties.
- Accessibility: Check operating hours and after-hours access options.
- Insurance: Inquire about coverage options for stored items.
- Features: Make sure the features/amenities you need are available in the space (e.g. loading bays).
- Timescales: Plan a move-in date to allow plenty of time for sorting out legal documentation.
By considering these factors, you can choose the right commercial storage space for your business.
What do I need to rent a commercial storage unit?
To get your lease in place, you typically need to provide a few essential items to prove your identity, including:
- Valid identification: government-issued photo ID (e.g. driver’s licence, passport, or state ID card).
- Contact information: full name, address, phone number, and email address
- Proof of address: some facilities may require proof of your current address, such as recent utility bills or lease agreements.
- Payment method: prepare to pay the rent cost. Most companies accept credit/debit cards, BACS, or checks.
You may also need to review and discuss the Heads of Terms (HOT) with your agent or landlord. Make sure the HOT cover all the important information about your lease that you have agreed upon so you can rely on it in the future if there’s any disagreement.
You can find more detailed information about renting a commercial storage unit in our Guide to Leasing.
Why choose Industrials for renting a commercial storage unit?
With Industrials, you can find a warehouse suitable for all your business needs. Our spaces are flexible, meaning you can use them to cover a wide range of uses – this includes:
- industrial or commercial businesses
- commercial storage
- trade counters
We offer two lease types – a traditional lease or our Smart Lease. With our Smart Lease, renting a commercial storage unit becomes a hassle-free experience. We simplify the legal aspect by providing a straightforward and efficient process with clear and uncomplicated terms.
The benefits of our Smart Lease include:
- Clear and simple T&C’s
- It can be completed online
- Lease duration ranges from 1 year to 5 years
- No legal fees required
- All-inclusive costs (maintenance charge, insurance, and dilapidation cover)
- Lease a unit in 1 week.
With our flexible leases, we can help your business thrive. Find out more about our Smart Lease by clicking the button below.
FAQs about renting commercial storage units
What is commercial storage unit?
Commercial storage unit is a building comprising lockers or units for storing items or goods. It is designed to accommodate the storage needs of various businesses, including retail, manufacturing, e-commerce, and logistics. It provides businesses with secure and flexible storage solutions outside their primary premises, helping to optimise space and improve operational efficiency at a lower cost.
Are storage units considered a commercial property?
Storage units can be considered both commercial and residential properties, depending on the usage. In most cases, commercial storage units are used by businesses as additional space for their inventory. Thus it’s often considered commercial property.
What should not be stored in commercial storage space?
Certain items are typically not recommended to be stored in commercial storage units due to varying facility rules and local regulations, it all depends on the lease agreement.
The following are not allowed in our storage units:
- Hazardous chemicals
- Weaponry or ammunition
- Illegal products or activities
- Animal production or farming
- Motor vehicle repair and maintenance
- Manufacture of hazardous chemicals
- Manufacture of tobacco products
- Mining and quarrying activities
- Dyeing of leathers and furs
- Manufacture of explosives
- Collection of hazardous and non-hazardous waste
- Exterminating services
- Gambling and betting activities
- Hunting and related activities
- Wholesale of waste and scrap
It is important to carefully review the terms and conditions of the commercial storage unit and consult with the lease provider to understand the specific guidelines and restrictions about the items that should not be stored. By doing so, you can ensure compliance, protect your items, and maintain a safe and suitable storage environment. If you have any further questions regarding this, call us on 0800 011 9237 or send us a message by email.
What are the benefits of renting commercial storage units for business?
Firstly, commercial storage units provide additional space to store inventory, equipment, supplies, or documents that may not fit within your existing business premises. This extra storage capacity allows you to free up valuable space in your office or workspace, promoting better organisation and efficiency. Secondly, most business storage units provide flexible access hours, allowing you to retrieve your goods whenever needed. This accessibility can be especially beneficial for businesses that require frequent access to inventory or equipment. Lastly, many commercial storage units offer convenient features like drive-up access or loading bays to facilitate easy loading and unloading of items. This could help you transport your items easier.
If you’re looking for a commercial storage unit for rent, Industrials have plenty of commercial storage units with excellent facilities (e.g. 24-hour access, CCTV, dedicated car parking), suitable for a wide range of uses. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch by email@example.com or call 0800 011 9237.